Covid Cases at School
We have 31 teachers and support staff in self-isolation at home. I would like to acknowledge the work of our team at school for allowing our school to remain open. I would also like to acknowledge many of you at home as we have many students self-isolating at home. The support of our parents is critical in keeping our school open. You can by…….
- Letting the school know as early as possible if your child or a member of your family has covid.
- Ensuring the children are not mixing with other children in the neighbourhood who may be carriers.
- Avoiding big gatherings, public transport and discourage visitors into your home.
- Having your booster and vaccinating your whole family.
Close contacts will be decided and parents will be informed. Children who are identified as CLOSE CONTACTS must.
- SELF-ISOLATE FOR 7 DAYS from the date you had contact with the case. Get tested on DAY 5. You can stop isolating and RETURN to normal life once you have received a negative day 5 test AND once 7 days have passed (ie, on day 8).
- Follow public health advice on the Ministry of Health website: health.govt.nz/covid-19-contact
HOW TO GET TESTED. Find your nearest testing centre at healthpoint.co.nz/covid-19 or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. It’s FREE. Tell them you’re a CLOSE CONTACT.
3. TO SELF-ISOLATE
- Stay away from other household members if possible
- Don’t leave your house for any reason
- You can’t have any visitors
- Avoid public transport.
The Board of Trustees may close the school if it cannot guarantee the safety of students and staff. The staff will ensure that children can continue to learn from home. In case of a school closure, the school will close for a minimum of 14 days.
Contracts for these to be signed and to be taken home. Years 5-8 need to have these for learning, especially for those who are self-isolating at home.
Learning from home
Students at are expected to continue learning. There is work on the school website. Learning packs are also available.