Covid-19 Cases at School.
The health and wellbeing of our children, staff and community is a top priority. You may have heard that there were confirmed COVID-19 cases at school. I would like to thank the parents of students infected for notifying the school early. It allows us to act immediately for the protection of our children. Thanks to the parents of students identified as close contacts for their immediate response. There is an alarming number of cases involving children younger than 12 years. Those identified as close contacts are to:
- YOU MUST SELF-ISOLATE FOR7 DAYS from the date you had contact with the case
Get tested on DAY 5. You can stop isolating and RETURN to normal life once you have received a negative day 5 test AND once 7 days have passed (ie, on day 8).
- Follow public health advice on the Ministry of Health website: health.govt.nz/covid-19-contact(external link)
HOW TO GET TESTED. Find your nearest testing centre at healthpoint.co.nz/covid-19(external link) or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. It’s FREE. Tell them you’re a CLOSE CONTACT.
3. TO SELF-ISOLATE….
- Stay away from other household members if possible
- Don’t leave your house for any reason
- You can’t have any visitor
4. There is help from the Ministry of Health through the testing centres. Our Awhina Group can also for emergency provisions.
Tuku Karakia. Thanks to all those involved in the blessing of our new classrooms. It is great to see our students enjoying their new rooms.
Meet and Greet. Good to know that many of you had conversations with your child’s teacher.
Keeping our Students and Staff Safe. Stay away from school as much as possible.
Start of Year Assessments. These start next week. It is best your child is at school for these.
Vaccination Drive. Mangere Rugby League Club. 10 Hain Avenue. Saturday 19 February.