16 November 2021
- We have been notified that a staff member in our school has tested positive for COVID-19.
- The local public health authority is working closely with them and their household are already isolating at home.
- At this time, we don’t have evidence of any spread of COVID-19 in our school as a result of this case. The staff member did not come in contact with any students, and only two staff members are considered close contacts, and only a few as casual contacts.
- Public Health is working with us on this response to ensure we get the best advice possible for you.
- This would include appropriate testing and isolation advice for any other close contacts and casual plus contacts that are identified through the case investigation process and school risk assessment.
- The school will undergo a thorough deep cleaning before we return to school on Monday 22 November.
- I will contact you all again as soon as I can with the specific advice from public health but in the meantime, please be reassured that these actions are fully supported by public health and the Ministry of Education.
- Through an abundance of caution, the Board of Trustees has decided that the school will have no students or staff on site for the rest of the week and online teaching and learning will continue for all students. Our Board of Trustees mandated all staff and students twelve and over to be fully vaccinated to be at school.
- All staff will have to return a negative covid test for them to be at school next Monday.
- I am working closely with the Ministry of Education.
Stay safe, stay well and vaccinate for a great family Christmas and New Year. Vaccinate for our grandchildren and see them graduate from universities and/or start their lives. Vaccinate for our grandparents to see out their twilight years at home. Vaccinate for each other. Fa’amanuia atu le Atua.