- News & Events
- Sutton Park Newspaper
- Photo Gallery
- Our People
- Contact Us
Welcome to Sutton Park School 2012
Sutton Park School is a large Year 1 to 8 school that has served the Mangere community since 1961. The school's culturally diverse roll includes a significant number of Pacific students. This ethnic richness provides staff and students with opportunities to learn about each other in a happy and safe environment. Parents and whanau are welcome in our school. We encourage a positive home/school partnership that focuses on meeting the needs of our students collabratively. Our school is extremely well resourced and is set in an attractive environment.
Staff and students are able to access and enjoy;
- i - pads and laptops
- astro - turf tennis courts
- a number of challenging playground areas
- all classrooms are equipped with active boards and projectors
- specialist maths, dance & drama, technology, sports, music and Te Reo teachers
- covered walkways throughout the grounds
- upgraded swimming pool and toilet facilities
- specialist Values Programme - "Kiwi Can"
- large hall and associated facilities
The grounds include vegetable and flower gardens which are well maintained by students and teachers. Large trees provide shady areas for relaxation and sunshade.
We have a pre-school on-site and operate 8 bi-lingual classes; 5 Tongan, 2 Samoan and 1 Maori Year 1 - 7 class.
The school has a very strong academic focus on raising and accelerating student achievement. Our mission is to raise the bar in everything we do in preparation for tomorrow's world.
We hope you enjoy our website and I encourage you to come and visit us to learn more about us.
Fiona Cavanagh (PRINCIPAL)